Sunday 22 September 2013

Super-rare GAP trousers on eBay

Since 2009 when I exclusively revealed the brand of the fabric used to make the iconic Tennant Suit was from GAP trousers, a few pairs have cropped up on eBay.
Photo by Scott Sebring
So far only one person, Kevin Coppa, has gathered enough pairs to recreate the suit in the form of the Ultimate Tennant Suit.

He was lucky enough to find six pairs from which we fashioned the jacket, based as closely as possible on the original suit.

Since then I haven’t seen many pairs for sale, but tonight a pair of size 36 waist closed, selling for a hefty £150 price tag.

I wonder who got them?

GAP Trousers Brown with blue pinstripes
SOLD FOR £150

GAP FLAT FRONT TROUSERS
CHOCOLATE BROWN WITH BRIGHT BLUE PINSTRIPES
MINT CONDITION - NEVER WORN
36" WAIST - 30" INSIDE LEG
~~
THESE ARE THE SAME BRAND, STYLE AND COLOUR AS WORN BY DAVID TENNANT IN DOCTOR WHO
~~
GAP never made a jacket to match these trousers, the one you see the Doctor wearing was made by the BBC costume department from four or five pairs of trousers. I don't think I'll ever find another four pairs so I'm selling these on in the hope that they might help someone else out.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my... The things I would do to get a pair of these!

    I wish I had known, the waist size seems nice for me too. Darn!

    Well done to whoever managed to grab them. This along with Marty McFly's denim jacket are among the few things I would kill to own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm.. as I'm the seller of said trousers I could reveal exactly who bought them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost definitely Steve. Bearing in mind they are like gold dust, and he is being cryptic, he probably won them. No to mention he was able to screen-cap it whilst it was still for auction.

    ReplyDelete